Skip to content
Special thanks to Herb Reese of New Commandment Ministries for this summary.
- Men donate three hours on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
- The men are divided into teams of 4-6 and are assigned a widow, widower, single parent or other person with long term needs in the church.
- Each team chooses a “caller” or team leader who is responsible for calling their care receiver the week before they are to meet and finds out what projects need to be done.
- The caller then calls the other members of his team, reminds them of the meeting on Saturday and tells them what tools and materials to bring.
- From 7:00 to 8:00 a.m., on the 3rd Saturday of the month, all the teams meet together for prayer, Bible study and last minute planning.
- Then from 8:00 to 10 a.m., the men split up into their teams and go out and work in the home of their adopted person until 10:00 a.m.
- Each month, the team returns to the same care receiver..
- At the end of their visit, each team reads scripture, prays for the care receiver, and prays for other widows, widowers and single parents on the block.